In response to the global Coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) CalArts is following CDC guidelines with community welfare as our primary goal. The Institute response team reviews the situation daily and is working to make informed decisions with both safety and academic continuity in mind.
Although the Institute has temporarily suspended on-campus classes and events, the Office of Extended Studies is moving ahead with preparations for Summer Institute, and online classes are still in session.
We encourage you to apply to our programs with the assurance that we will—if necessary—make the decision to cancel programs in a timely manner that falls within our 100% tuition refund policy.
If you prefer to wait to submit an application please know that our final deadline to apply for Summer Institute is April 30.
For California Institute of the Arts official announcements we ask you to visit the Coronavirus Information and Updates page on the CalArts website.