To optimize your experience on our website, please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Internet Explorer is not compatible with the payment feature on this site.
Dropping a course or program
To drop a course, log in to your student profile on the Student Portal and navigate to My Enrollment History. Select Request Drop for the course you wish to drop.
For courses and programs that are 5 weeks or longer, you may request a drop anytime between your date of enrollment and up to 7 days after the section start date. You may be eligible for a full or partial refund depending on when you request the drop (See Refund Policy for Extended Studies Programs for more information).
Withdrawing from a course or program
After the first seven days of the course or program have passed, a request to leave the course is considered a withdrawal and will be marked on your transcript. To request a withdrawal you must submit written notice via email to email@example.com.
Transferring from one course to another
You may request a transfer into another course providing: enrollment for both courses is still open, you meet the requirements or prerequisites for that course and there are seats available. If there is a difference in cost between the two courses, you may be required to pay the difference or may be eligible for a refund, depending when the request was made. Transfers are subject to staff approval.
Refund Policy for Extended Studies Programs
Refunds are honored if the course or program is dropped:
|Between enrollment and up to 3 days before start date:||100% refund|
|Between 3 days before start date and within the first 7 days of the class or program:||50% refund|
|After the first 7 days of the class or program:||No refunds given|
Application fees and certain special request fees are non-refundable.
Refund and Cancellation Policies for Summer Housing
- Please refer to the Housing page for this year's deadlines and fees.
- Your request for housing will not be processed until you have submitted the Security Deposit, which is a payment to hold your spot in on-campus housing. It will be refunded to you (less any charges for damages incurred to your room or suite) at the end of your stay.
- You may cancel a reservation by submitting written notice via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the payment deadline. Cancellation requests received before this date will be refunded the housing fee only.
- Cancellation requests received after the payment deadline will receive no refund.
- If you are not admitted to a Summer program and you have already paid for housing, you will receive a full refund (both housing fee and security deposit).
Financial aid is not available for Extended Studies courses and programs. We currently do not offer scholarships at this time.
CalArts does not offer a payment plan for Extended Studies classes and programs, and all payments must be received by the Office of Accounting by the posted deadline. Students with an outstanding balance will be dropped from the class or program, and/or removed from housing.
Students are not permitted to audit courses at this time.