Internet Explorer is not compatible with the payment feature on this site.
To optimize your experience on our website, please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
On-campus housing is available for students participating in Summer Institute programs. Students stay in apartment-style suites in Ahmanson Hall. Each suite consists of six single-occupancy bedrooms with a shared kitchen, bath and furnished living room. A microwave, cookware, dishes and eating utensils are provided for summer guests. Each single-occupancy bedroom has an extra-long twin bed, table top desk, desk chair, dresser, built-in closet and wall bookshelf. It also includes a computer network connection (high-speed internet access provided).
To apply for on-campus housing
- Pay the security deposit on the Extended Studies website (under Special Requests)
- Send completed Summer Housing License Agreement (PDF) by email to email@example.com (or mail to: CalArts Residence Life, 24700 McBean Parkway, Valencia, CA 91355). If you are under 18 years of age, the Summer Housing License Agreement must be signed by you and by a parent or guardian (California law applies).
The housing fee may be paid upon acceptance to the summer program and must be received no later than the payment deadline below.
Spaces are limited and will be secured on a first come, first served basis. Applications received after all spaces are filled will be placed on a waiting list. If spaces becomes available, waiting list applications will be secured in the order received.
Dates and Fees (Summer 2018)
|Final deadline for housing application, security deposit and payment:||April 30, 2018|
|Summer Session Housing move in:||Saturday May 19, 2018, 1 pm-5 pm|
|Summer Session Housing move out:||Saturday June 23, 2018, 9 am-12 pm|
The fees for 2018 are $1075 ($875 housing fee + $200 security deposit)
Refund and Cancellation Policies for Summer Housing
- Your application for housing will not be processed until you have submitted the security deposit, which is a payment to hold your spot in on-campus housing. It will be refunded to you (less any charges for damages incurred to your room or suite) at the end of your stay.
- You may cancel a reservation by submitting written notice via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the payment deadline listed above. Cancellation requests received before this date will be refunded the housing fee only.
- Cancellation requests received after the payment deadline will receive no refund.
- If you are not admitted to a Summer program and you have already paid for housing, you will receive a full refund (both housing fee and security deposit).
For additional information or assistance with housing options, please contact the Residence Life Office at (661) 253-7897 or email@example.com.
Group rates for housing at some local hotels are available by mentioning your affiliation with CalArts. You may also access postings from private rentals and sublets online through our Off-Campus Housing Database.